Vantrix Launches Third Generation Mobile Bandwidth Optimizer Solution
Solution delivers a comprehensive set of capabilities future-proof toolset for mobile operators
Vantrix, the global leader of mobile video mediation, video optimization and delivery solutions, today announced the general availability of the latest release of its Video and WEB traffic optimization solution – Bandwidth Optimizer.
Now in its third generation, Bandwidth Optimizer 3.0 has already been deployed at several mobile operators worldwide. These customers have benefited from market-leading technology that has provided unmatched peak bandwidth reduction, eased the pressures of congested cells and improved the user experience, all while allowing the operators to serve more subscribers.
Bandwidth Optimizer 3.0 incorporates and improves upon a broad set of key capabilities including:
- Inline Visual Quality Metrics – Providing operators with clear visibility of the impact on end user Quality of Experience via real-time MOS scoring of optimized video sessions. For the first time operators can now learn from their optimization platform the perceived video image quality on each and every video session.
- Realtime MP4 video container transcoding – As the dominant video container used by mobile devices and the long tail of content representing 80% of video traffic, the ability to perform first time optimization on MP4 content is critical to any operator wishing to alleviate the congestion on their networks associated with video viewing.
- Comprehensive Key Performance Indicator dashboard – Providing unique insights into the operator’s mobile data traffic via a graphical user interface. Capturing detailed media traffic profiles and attributes have a major impact in enabling the operator to make informed business decisions on which problems and opportunities to focus on, as well as how best to tackle them.
- WEBM/VP8 support – The latest Internet video container and codec sponsored by Google is beginning to show up on the radar in networks worldwide. With Google’s plans to migrate their You Tube library of content to WEBM, operators could potentially see WEBM traffic explode overnight, making other optimization platforms somewhat redundant in their ability to reduce bandwidth consumption.
- WEB page image optimization and caching – This provides significant savings in data consumption and has been proven to reduce average web page load times by more than 40%, providing a much better browsing experience for subscribers.
- Enhanced Smart Caching architecture – Providing greater scalability, hardware efficiency and performance to Vantrix’s market-leading smart caching capabilities.
- Turnkey compact Appliance – With its built-in switching, load balancing and traffic blades, Vantrix’s carrier grade appliance offering built on the ATCA platform, provides operators with a turnkey, compact enclosure that can be deployed directly in the data traffic path (Gi/Gn) or alternatively behind a traffic steering element such as a DPI. This provides a flexible, more cost effective and scalable solution on a compact footprint.
“The world of Internet video is an ever-changing landscape of video formats, codecs, bit rates, delivery protocols and device capabilities,” said Mark Hopper, VP of Product Management at Vantrix. “Bandwidth Optimizer 3.0 provides a comprehensive and future-proof toolset that is crucial for operators. It is a critical element that is helping them manage and capitalize on the increasing growth of over the top video consumption. Bandwidth Optimizer 3.0 further extends our market leading position in providing the most comprehensive and scalable video mediation platform in the industry.”
Vantrix, the global leader of mobile video mediation, video optimization and delivery solutions, improves mobile and converged video economics for its customers by ensuring that content is delivered cost effectively, and with the best possible user experience, regardless of the service, device or network. Vantrix solutions are deployed in over 75 networks, serving over 1 billion subscribers worldwide. Vantrix is proud to count among its customers: Bell Canada, Sprint (NYSE:S), Orange, Telefonica (TEF), T-Mobile, TeliaSonera (TLSN.ST), MTS, Etisalat (ADX:ETISALAT), Saudi Telecom Company (TADAWUL:STC), and Tata Telecom. Vantrix is headquartered in Montreal with offices in United States,London, Hong Kong, and Dubai. To learn more about Vantrix, visit www.vantrix.com.
Beverly Wilks, +1-514-866-1717 x296
Senior Director, Marketing