China Telecom Deploys Acme Packet’s Net-Net Session Director Session Border Controllers (SBCs) to Help Replace Legacy PSTN Infrastructure with the IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) Architecture
China Telecom Deploys China’s Largest IMS Network Through Acme Packet
Acme Packet’s IMS Delivery Solutions Assist China Telecom in Replacing Legacy PSTN Infrastructure to Deliver Next-Generation Communications Services
BEDFORD, MA–(Marketwire -05/29/12)- Acme Packet® (APKT), the leader in session delivery networks, today announced that China Telecom Corporation Limited, the largest fixed-line network provider in China with approximately 170 million fixed-line subscribers, has deployed Acme Packet’s Net-Net Session Director session border controllers (SBCs) to help replace its legacy public switched telephone network (PSTN) infrastructure with the IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) architecture, enabling next-generation voice, video, and data services for fixed-line subscribers.
- China Telecom is deploying more than 130 Acme Packet SBCs and Net-Net Session-aware Load Balancers across dozens of cities as part of China’s largest IMS deployment.
- The Acme Packet deployment is supporting both consumer voice over IP (VoIP) and hosted enterprise unified communications (UC) services offered by China Telecom. This deployment will also support future mobile services.
- The Acme Packet SBCs integrate and fulfill critical IMS functional elements including the Proxy Call Session Control Function (P-CSCF), which lowers the total cost of ownership for China Telecom’s IMS network.
- Acme Packet accelerates China Telecom’s time-to-market for its IMS services and lowers capital and operation costs by replacing legacy soft switches with the interoperable, flexible, and highly scalable Net-Net Session Director.
- Cost savings via Acme Packet’s scalable, interoperable solution
- Rapid time-to-market in deploying the new IMS infrastructure
- High availability and service quality
- Trusted, first-class VoIP through comprehensive security and service assurance
- Compliance with VoIP regulations
- Protection against malicious denial of service attacks and non-malicious overloads
“As China’s largest communications service provider, China Telecom will serve as a leader in providing next-generation communications across the country through its IMS deployment,” said Tim Ziemer, vice president of North America and Asia Pacific Japan sales, Acme Packet. “Our SBCs will securely streamline China Telecom’s IMS initiatives to deliver next-generation voice, video, and UC services to subscribers, and also support mobile applications in the future.”
More about China Telecom and Acme Packet:
More about Acme Packet:
About China Telecom Corporation Limited
China Telecom Corporation Limited is the world’s largest wireline telecommunications and broadband services provider and the world’s largest CDMA mobile operator. Serving as a full services integrated information service operator, China Telecom provides basic telecommunications services, such as wireline telecommunications services and mobile telecommunications services, and value-added telecommunications services, such as Internet access services and information services in the PRC. As of the end of March 2011, the Company has wireline access lines in service of about 173 million, wireline broadband subscribers of over 66 million and mobile subscribers of more than 100 million. The Company’s H shares and American Depositary Shares (“ADSs”) are listed on The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited and the New York Stock Exchange, respectively.
About Acme Packet
Acme Packet (APKT), the leader in session delivery network solutions, enables the trusted, first-class delivery of next-generation voice, data and unified communications services and applications across IP networks. Our Net-Net product family fulfills demanding security, service assurance and regulatory requirements in service provider, enterprise and contact center networks. Based in Bedford, Massachusetts, Acme Packet designs and manufactures its products in the USA, selling them through over 220 reseller partners worldwide. More than 1,600 customers in 107 countries have deployed over 16,000 Acme Packet systems, including 88 of the top 100 service providers and 41 of the Fortune 100. For more information visit www.acmepacket.com.