Toshiba Announces IPedge EP, an IP Business Telephone System for Small Businesses
Toshiba Adds New Smaller IPedge EP Pure IP Business Telephone System to Its IPedge Family
Designed for Less Than 40 Users, the Affordably Priced IPedge EP Features a Linux Server, Powerful UC Applications, Integrated Admin, and Toshiba Reliability
Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division (Toshiba — www.telecom.toshiba.com), today announced the IPedge™ EP, an IP business telephone system designed specifically for small businesses with up to 40 users per server. The newest addition to Toshiba’s recently introduced IPedge family of pure IP business telephone systems, IPedge EP gives small businesses with less than 40 users the features, functionality, quality and reliability for which Toshiba’s telephone systems are known. IPedge EP is now available from Authorized Toshiba Dealers nationwide.
“With Toshiba’s IPedge EP single server solution, small businesses can empower their users to communicate more effectively, be more cost effective, and have greater access to their customers, partners and each other,” said Brian Metherell, vice president and general manager of Toshiba America Information Systems, Telecommunication Systems Division.
IPedge EP Delivers Multiple UC Applications on a Single Linux Server
IPedge EP accommodates multiple unified communication applications on a single Linux server, including call processing, voicemail and unified messaging, native SIP line and SIP trunk support, mobility, survivability, networking with other IPedge or Strata® CIX™ systems, and feature-rich telephone endpoints. Add-on applications, including meet-me conferencing with Web collaboration, uMobility Fixed Mobile Convergence (FMC) and Contact Center solutions, are available with additional servers.
Benefits of the Linux server include survivability within or across the network to support business continuity and a higher level of security. A single IP address provides cost-effective deployment. SIP trunks work natively with the IPedge without requiring additional gateway equipment. With its IP technology and open standards, IPedge is designed for the long term, as future endpoint devices and applications are built on standards to help ensure compatibility with the system, thus protecting the user’s investment.
Built-in features include:
- Toshiba’s Call Manager™ application with Unified Communications, which enables users to combine the capabilities of their computers and their Toshiba telephones into powerful communication tools. Users can click on their laptop or tablet PCs to dial, answer, transfer calls and much more, without touching their telephones. Call Manager features include Presence, Chat, Instant Messaging, and CRM integration with programs including SalesForce.com®, Act!®, and Microsoft Outlook®;
- Enterprise Manager browser-based system administration, which allows the administrator to manage trunks and stations when IPedge EP is being used independently;
- Centralized multi-site management through the Enterprise Manager, allowing the IPedge EP to be a member node of an enterprise system in which an IPedge EC or EM server is the primary node;
Personal telephone browser-based administration, allowing individual users to manage their own telephones, including programming buttons and personalizing telephone functions. This application liberates system administrators from such tasks;
- Flexible and feature-rich Unified Messaging, which is built into IPedge with no additional equipment needed;
- On-site mobility via Toshiba’s wireless IP telephones, enabling users to answer calls, access voicemail and utilize virtually all of the system’s advanced calling features anywhere the Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) provides coverage. In addition, Toshiba’s SoftIPT® soft phone client operates on any supported laptop PC via the WLAN or cellular Wide Area Network (WAN); and
- One hundred percent networking compatibility with Toshiba’s Strata CIX IP converged systems.
Optional applications include:
- Fixed Mobile Convergence (FMC), which helps users stay connected when they are away from the office via the uMobility fixed mobile convergence (FMC) solution. The uMobility solution allows a smart cell phone to function as an extension on the system via the WLAN when the user is in the office or via a cellular WAN when out of the office;
- Toshiba’s Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) application, part of Toshiba’s Contact Center Suite and winner of the Nemertes 2010 PilotHouse Award, which handles calls efficiently and routes callers to agents as required. Running as an application on the Media Application Server (MAS) connected to the IPedge, ACD offers sophisticated contact center capabilities, including skills-based routing, balanced call counts, priority queuing, multimedia Web call back, multimedia Web chat and more;
- Toshiba’s Contact Center Suite applications, enabling multi-site contact centers to work as one integrated system. The functionality of the Call Manager application is extended over the network to provide features such as Presence and Chat between users in multiple locations. Toshiba’s Contact Center Suite also includes powerful and user-defined reporting with call statistics on everything from agent performance to forecasting; and
- IPedge Meeting application, which gives users an online solution to collaborate, communicate and connect. Features include dial-in audio conferencing and Web collaboration with scheduling, Outlook calendar integration, desktop sharing, conference recording, usage reporting and more.
IPedge Available in Three Models
IPedge EM — supports up to 1,000 users per server
IPedge EC — supports up to 200 users per server
IPedge EP — supports up to 40 users per server
IPedge Joins Strata CIX Converged IP Business Telephone System
Toshiba will continue to offer its Strata CIX converged IP system, which allows users to combine IP and/or digital endpoints on a single system. Whether users choose IPedge or Strata CIX systems, they get the best of both IP and converged telephony solutions, with the quality and reliability of a Toshiba business telephone system.
IPedge is available now through Authorized Toshiba Dealers nationwide. For more information, call 800-222-5800 or visit: http://www.telecom.toshiba.com/Telephone_Systems_Support/dealer_locator.cfm
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS)
Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is comprised of four business units: Digital Products Division, Imaging Systems Division, Storage Device Division, and Telecommunication Systems Division. Together, these divisions provide digital products, services and solutions, including industry-leading portable computers; televisions, TV/DVD Combination products, Blu-ray Disc and DVD products, and portable devices; imaging products for the security, medical and manufacturing markets; storage products for automotive, computer and consumer electronics applications; and IP business telephone systems with unified communications, collaboration and mobility applications. TAIS provides sales, marketing and services for its wide range of products in the United States and Latin America. TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation.
Toshiba is a world leader and innovator in pioneering high technology, a diversified manufacturer and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products spanning digital consumer products; electronic devices and components; power systems, including nuclear energy; industrial and social infrastructure systems; and home appliances. Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 490 companies, with 203,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing 6.3 trillion yen (US$77 billion). Visit Toshiba’s Web site at www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm.