Oberthur Technologies Releases AWP 4.4, New Identity Solutions Middleware
Oberthur Technologies Launches its New Identity Solutions Middleware
Oberthur Technologies, one of the global leaders in the delivery of high security solutions, is proud to announce the release of its newest middleware. This new middleware – AWP 4.4 – which will be presented during the Cartes 2010 exhibition, will be able to support our complete applications range.
Smart devices are the safest solution to store digital identity and perform strong authentication, digital signature and data encryption. Those security features are required for many sensitive applications such as government or corporate access badges, citizen cards or e-services. Login/password can not be completely trusted and must be replaced by more secure authentication systems. A middleware is required for any PKI1 software to access smart devices.
Oberthur Technologies’ AWP 4.4 is delivered fully packaged with Oberthur Technologies’ smart devices to provide the best digital identity solution:
- AuthentIC v3 devices for the corporate market
- PIV devices certified FIPS 201 for US state employees’ smart cards and more than 40 government agencies outside the US. The middleware is compatible with the SP 800-73-3 (under certification).
- IAS-ECC devices for all government projects requiring Common Criteria EAL4+ certified products.
Oberthur Technologies’ middleware is compatible with all major operating systems: Microsoft Windows, Linux and MacOS X with standard packages installers for convenient and reliable IT integration. It provides standard software libraries (PKCS#11, CSP and mini drivers), end user graphical interface and administrator tools for easy integration and configuration.
It also offers a biometric interface to replace pin code usage. Fingerprint authentication is directly done with smart cards thanks to the Match-on-card technology, algorithm which successfully passed all the MINEX II tests.
To learn more about this newest solution, visit our booth 3E001 at Cartes 2010, 7-9 December 2010 in Villepinte, France.
1 Public Key Infrastructure
About Oberthur Technologies
With sales of 904.6 million euros in 2009 and 6,160 employees worldwide, Oberthur Technologies is a world leader in the field of secure technologies. Innovation and excellence ensure Oberthur Technologies’ strong positioning in its main target markets:
- Card Systems: World’s second largest provider of security and identification solutions and services based on smart card technologies for mobile, payment, transport, digital TV and convergence markets.
- Identity: A world leader in the manufacture of traditional and electronic secure identity documents. We are also a system integrator and a specialist in know-how transfer – census, personalisation platforms implementation and identity data management.
- Security printing: World’s third largest private security printer specialized in the production of banknotes, checks and numerous security documents in more than fifty countries.
- Cash Protection: World leader in design and manufacture of intelligent cash protection solutions for CIT (Cash In Transit) companies, ATM manufacturers and owners, retailers, post offices and banks.
Close to its customers, Oberthur Technologies benefits from an industrial and commercial presence across all five continents.
Oberthur Technologies S.A. is a limited liability company (société anonyme) registered in France with its registered office at 50 quai Michelet 92 532 Levallois Perret, France. Oberthur Technologies S.A.’s corporate registration number is 340 709 534 R.C.S. Paris.