ASSIA Announces Availability of Expresse Release 2.1, Ultra-High-Speed and Dynamic DSL Management
ASSIA Introduces Ultra-High-Speed, Dynamic DSL Management
Expresse Release 2.1 Delivers Next-Generation Functionality to DSL Operators
ASSIA Inc., the leading provider of high-performance software tools for Dynamic Spectrum Management (DSM) of Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) networks, today announced the availability of Expresse Release 2.1. ASSIA’s Expresse 2.1 reduces calls, dispatches, and churn related to physical layer issues by 30-60% and increases speed and service reach by 40%. Expresse 2.1 is also the industry’s most scalable solution, serving a network of twenty-million lines with as few as four servers. ASSIA has more than 35 million lines under contract in North America, Europe, and Asia and trials underway on those continents as well as in South America.
“ASSIA is pleased to deliver the world’s first DSL management platform that incorporates next-generation technologies for optimizing DSL networks, commonly known as DSM Level 2,” said Dr. John Cioffi, Chairman and CEO. “ASSIA’s advances in building high-speed, large-scale, dynamic DSL management solutions that are equipment-vendor-independent have made ASSIA the fastest-growing company in the industry.”
Available worldwide, Expresse 2.1 enables DSL service providers to realize dramatic speed and reach improvements, lowering operating and capital expense and generating additional significant revenue. ASSIA’s products and services deliver the performance and reliability needed to launch exciting next-generation services such as IP television, faster wireless data transfers to smartphones using broadband, and ultimately 100+ Mbps service over existing phone lines.
Key features and benefits of Expresse 2.1 include:
- 30-60% reduction in calls, dispatches, and churn related to physical layer issues
- 40% increase in speed and service reach
- The industry’s most scalable solution, serving a network of 20 million lines with as little as 4 servers
- Automatic, high-speed repair and optimization of all network lines
- Robust DSL network diagnostics
- Support of all leading DSLAM equipment vendors
- Streamlined integration with provisioning and network infrastructure
- Support for the very-high-speed DSL (VDSL2) standard, which can deliver downstream data speeds up to 200 Mbps
- Support for bonded lines, which allows an operator to double speeds by utilizing 2 lines to serve a consumer’s home
- A Power Management module that can save up to $500,000 per year in energy costs in a 1 million line network without compromising speed and reliability
Attendees at the Broadband World Forum Conference in Paris are invited to ASSIA’s session titled: “Unleashing Your DSL Network,” chaired by ASSIA CEO Dr. John Cioffi and featuring guest panelists from AT&T, SFR, Orange-Poland, and Telefonica. The session takes place Tuesday, October 26, at 14:30 in the Main Auditorium at CNIT, La Defense, Paris.
ASSIA Inc. is the leading provider of high-performance software tools for Dynamic Spectrum Management of DSL networks. ASSIA’s products enable DSL service providers to realize dramatic speed and reach improvements, lowering operating and capital expense, generating incremental revenue, and opening new business opportunities in the broadband-enabled home. ASSIA has more than 35 million lines under contract worldwide with top tier service providers and is backed by strategic investors, including AT&T, Mingly China Growth Fund, SFR Development, Sandalwood Partners, Sofinnova Partners, Stanford University, Swisscom Ventures, T-Ventures, and Telefonica. For more information, visit www.assia-inc.com.