ANADIGICS Delivers 3.5 GHz Full Band Power Amplifier for Growing Mobile WiMAX Market
AWT6283R Is Industry’s First High Efficiency Device to Cover the Entire 3.3 to 3.8 GHz WiMAX Frequency Band
WARREN, NJ–(Marketwire – 02/03/10) – Responding to growing global demand for mobile WiMAX services, ANADIGICS, Inc. (NASDAQ:ANAD – News) today introduced a new, feature-rich power amplifier (PA), the AWT6283R, designed to significantly boost the performance and efficiency of WiMAX transceivers. The AWT6283R is the industry’s first PA to deliver high linear output power, exceptional efficiency, and consistent RF performance over the full 3.3 to 3.8 GHz WiMAX frequency band. Ideal for mobile applications, the AWT6283R includes a step attenuator, a power detector and a reference voltage regulator in a small, easy-to-use package which simplifies design and saves board space.
The WiMAX market continues to gain momentum, with mobile devices all but displacing fixed-point equipment in new deployments. Commercial WiMAX networks, trial networks, and networks in development are increasing monthly. According to In-Stat, new devices drive the market, with USB dongles and mobile PCs embedding WiMAX capability available today, and WiMAX-enabled cellular handsets just around the corner.
“With the introduction of the AWT6283R, we’re expanding our product portfolio in the fast-growing WiMAX space to deliver the most efficient, high-performance components that ultimately improve the end-user experience,” said Joe Cozzarelli, director, Broadband RF Product Line for ANADIGICS. “The AWT6283R complements our existing line of WiMAX devices and offers the linearity, reliability, temperature stability and ruggedness that our customers demand.”
Key Facts and Highlights:
– ANADIGICS is a leading supplier of WiMAX power amplifiers, having entered the market early to enable leaders like Intel who saw the potential of WiMAX.
– The AWT6283R is optimized for operation over a 500 MHz bandwidth, ensuring exceptional linearity and efficiency, and consistent RF performance, across the entire 3.5 GHz WiMAX frequency band.
– Today the WiMAX Forum currently tracks 523 WiMAX deployments in 147 countries, compared to 408 deployments at the end of 2008.
– Brazil is potentially one of the world’s most dynamic WiMAX markets, according to Infonetics. The number of WiMAX subscribers is forecast to skyrocket from 184,000 in 2008 to almost 8 million in 2013.
– Industry analysts also expect steady growth in WiMAX handset sales over the next five years, particularly in emerging markets such as South America, Russia, Eastern Europe, the Middle East and parts of Asia where the majority of deployments are already taking place.
– WiMAX is complementary to LTE and provides a true mobile Internet solution. WiMAX chipset technology has moved beyond multiple chips to single chip solutions integrating the baseband functionality with the RF radio.
– The AWT6283R is the first 3.5 GHz device which incorporates an impedance match on both the input and output RF ports, a reference voltage regulator, a power detector and a step attenuator.
– The built-in reference voltage regulator eliminates the need for an external precision reference voltage; the built-in attenuator allows the device to be used with any OEM’s chipset.
Additional product features include:
– +25 dBm linear output power
– 21% power efficiency at +25 dBm output power
– Low quiescent current to increase transmit time and overall efficiency
– Low leakage current in shutdown mode to increase standby time and battery life
– Low profile 4 x 4 x 1 mm miniature surface mount package for space-constrained applications
– RoHS Compliant Package (MSL-3, 260 degrees Celsius)
– Advanced InGaP HBT MMIC technology
Samples for ANADIGICS’ AWT6283R are available now. The device meets all industry requirements and supports mobile WiMAX systems using the IEEE 802.16e standard. For more information on the product and pricing, please visit www.anadigics.com or contact regional sales at http://www.anadigics.com/worldwide_sales. Visit us at stand 2C19 in Hall 2 at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, February 15th-18th, 2010.
About ANADIGICS, Inc.
ANADIGICS, Inc. (NASDAQ:ANAD – News) is a leading provider of semiconductor solutions in the rapidly growing broadband wireless and wireline communications markets. Founded in 1985 and headquartered in Warren, NJ, the company’s award-winning products include power amplifiers, tuner integrated circuits, active splitters, line amplifiers, and other components, which can be sold individually or packaged as integrated radio frequency and front end modules. For more information, visit www.anadigics.com