CopperGate Announces HomePlug® AV CG2110 Chipset for the Delivery of Demanding Video, Audio, Data, and Voice Applications Over Powerlines
CopperGate Unveils HomePlug® AV CG2110 Chipset
High-performance, low-cost solution for the delivery of digital broadband content over powerlines
Today, CopperGate Communications Ltd., the Everywire Home Networking Company™, announced its HomePlug® AV CG2110 Chipset for the delivery of demanding video, audio, data, and voice applications over powerlines. The CopperGate chipset offers service providers and CPE equipment manufacturers a cost-effective, reliable, and easy method for the distribution of high-definition multimedia entertainment, including triple-play services and IPTV throughout a home. Today’s announcement also makes CopperGate the first semiconductor company to support multiple home networking standards (HomePNA for coax and phoneline and HomePlug AV for powerline).
Michael Weissman, Vice President, North American Marketing:
“Using existing wires is the smartest way to network a home. Now, CopperGate can deliver digital broadcast content over every wire inside the home – coax, phone lines and now with the HomePlug AV CG2110 – electrical wiring in the home.”
“The CopperGate HomePlug AV CG2110 chipset delivers excellent throughput at an aggressive price. It is an excellent solution for European service providers who want to provide IPTV solutions over powerline. The solution works well streaming YouTube and Hulu content, downloading Netflix videos, serving IPTV media content, connecting home computers or game consoles and efficiently enabling VoIP throughout the entire home network.”
“Our HomePlug AV chipset is the first step in building our powerline business, and is especially important as we prepare for the next generation G.hn solutions that are due to arrive in 2010. Experience in HomePlug will help CopperGate become the leader in G.hn by adding powerline expertise to our strong coax and phone know-how.”
Highlights / Key Facts:
- The CopperGate HomePlug AV CG2110 Chipset is a high-performance solution, providing up to a 200 Mbps physical layer (PHY) bit rate, and up to 110 Mbps effective throughput. The chipset is optimized to stream high and standard definition TV (HDTV and SDTV), VoIP, and other applications that are highly time-sensitive and require low latency.
- CopperGate HomePlug AV CG2110 Chipset offers the simple plug-and-play installation of a complete in-home network, eliminating technical support costs.
- The CG2110 Chipset contains an integrated HomePlug AV media access control (MAC) and PHY transceiver that interfaces with an external integrated analog front end (AFE). The chipset implements OFDM, channel adaptation, FEC, and noise mitigation schemes.
- The CopperGate HomePlug AV CG2110 Chipset is fully compliant with the HomePlug AV 1.1 specification and coexists with HomePlug 1.0.
- CopperGate also offers a comprehensive reference design kit based around the HomePlug AV CG2110 Chipset to enable rapid time-to-market.
Learn More About HomePlug
CopperGate Communications is the only company whose standards-based chipsets enable carrier-class distribution of broadband digital content over all three types of existing wires in the home: coax, phone, and power. The company sells its technology to OEMs who build solutions for multimedia home networking and multi-dwelling unit (MDU) broadband access markets. CopperGate’s chips are used in set-top boxes, residential gateways, optical network terminators and Ethernet bridges. CopperGate is headquartered in Tel Aviv, Israel with offices in the United States, Taiwan, Korea, China, Japan, and Brazil. Please visit: www.copper-gate.com